Re: Welcome to public-wiki-dev@w3.org, Introduction

Hi,

I am a member of the RIF and OWL working groups. My relationship with wikis
mainly stems from my activity as the main developer/maintainer of the
Semantic MediaWiki (SMW) extension [1] for getting metadata into and out of
MediaWiki, and at least formally I am also a MediaWiki developer (I can
commit to the MW trunk). We have been using a lot of wikis in Karlsruhe for
quite some time now, both for our group intranet and for several community
sites (now mainly ontoworld.org, which is also the wiki used for all recent
semantic web conferences [E|I|A]SWC). I am also experimenting semantic wikis
for non-collaborative website management, e.g. on my homepage [2] (all
publication lists are generated by semantic queries, all data is available in
OWL/RDF).

Re migration: we have once migrated from SnipSnap to MediaWiki, and worked
with categories to "tag" imported pages for manual cleanup.

-- Markus

[1] http://ontoworld.org/wiki/SMW
[2] http://korrekt.org

--
Markus Krötzsch
Institut AIFB, Universät Karlsruhe (TH), 76128 Karlsruhe