Re: [whatwg] Accessing local files with JavaScript portably and securely

>  If the browser vendors feel like this is out of scope for their product, then spending the (quite extensive)
>  effort to design a solution will be wasted. I > wouldn't want anyone on this list to feel their time is wasted.

I also do not like to see W3C’s valuable time continually wasted on specifying functionality that has expressly been dismissed by major browser vendors. For example: -

https://www.w3.org/TR/geofencing/

      and
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=383125#c46

> Indeed not! I should hope nobody would feel that way. The WHATWG is a venue
> that is open to anyone willing to take part in relevant technical debate.

Then please stop censoring my posts or manufacturing chicken-and-egg pre-requisites for topics you are not interested in.