Re: [whatwg] Accessing local files with JavaScript portably and securely

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Roger Hågensen <rh_whatwg@skuldwyrm.no> wrote:
> On 2017-04-18 10:08, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> Right, those are about making applications distributed over HTTPS work
>> when the user is not connected. That idea doesn't necessitate file
>> URLs and we're still working towards that ideal with Fetch, HTML, and
>> Service Workers. All browsers seem on board with that general idea
>> too, which is great.
>
> But being able to access files added to a "subfolder" of said offline app
> won't be possible I assume?

I'm not sure what that means. But you can still interact with the app
and do things with it, including storing data if the app allows such a
thing.

There's <input type=file> and https://wicg.github.io/entries-api/.

> Does the WHATWG and W3C meet/have a common group at all? (for the editors)
> So that cross-group messes can be handled/avoided?

Well, we talk now and then and that has resulted in some improvements,
but it's also still ongoing and some within the W3C actively try to
make it worse (e.g., DOM is being forked again without a good reason).
So, nothing good thus far.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/