Re: [whatwg] Some Clarification on CML Proposal

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 7:42 AM, Jacob Villarreal <jv1597@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sorry, correction on the code above:
> <source port:[ticker_port]><destination record:path/ticker_data.rec/+1>or,<destination
> record:path/ticker_data.rec/29>
> Thanks.

How is this any different from PHP, ASP, JSP, .Net, ColdFusion, etc?  You
could implement your CML on the backend and have it 'output'
XML/HTML+JavaScript+CSS for delivery to user agents with compatibility with
everything out there today.

If you want to try to replace HTML, JavaScript, and CSS so that every user
agent needs to understand CML natively - that's just not going to happen.

There are many server-side options and it really sounds like that's where
CML would fit.  Your developers would write in CML, and the 'engine' would
render that into the appropriate content for delivery to UAs.

Personally I don't see value in this proposal.

--
-MegaZone / Geek, Gweep, Technophile, me. / Hail Eris, All Hail Discordia
Personal: Google+ <https://plus.google.com/111890035512083705389/posts> /