Re: [whatwg] Canvas and color colorspaces (was: WebGL and ImageBitmaps)

> On 30 Apr 2016, at 19:07, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It would be ideal if we can specify that the canvas backing store is in the device profile.

How would the website know what profile this is? If it's just a boolean setting, then I don't see how it would make it possible to use such canvas correctly, e.g. convert a XYZ color to canvas' color space.

Is device profile exposed somewhere in the platform yet? If not, I think it'd be better to leave it hidden to avoid adding more fingerprinting vectors.

Setting the canvas to a website-supplied profile seems OK to me. It'd mean the website already knows how to convert colors to the given colorspace, and the same profile could be passed back by toDataURL().

--
Kind regards, Kornel