Re: [whatwg] JavaScript dialogs blocking user experience

> On Apr 14, 2016, at 2:17 PM, Arvind Nigam <arvind.nigam@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My iPad is on iOS 9.3.1, but I was using the UC browser at the time.

It’s too bad you were using the UC browser. If you had been using Safari you would not have been trapped by the scam. If you continue to prefer the UC browser over Safari then you should consider how to let the developers know you would like to see this improved.

> I'm guessing that this is still a problem for a lot of users out there

No question about it. The kind of mitigation we are discussing is valuable to reduce the effectiveness of JavaScript dialogs as part of this, but I’m sure the folks perpetrating fraud will find new effective ways to do so. For example, nothing in browser technology can prevent a webpage from displaying a misleading message that tries to trick you into thinking your device is broken or was taken over.

Apple support has a webpage with some advice on this topic that is updated from time to tome <https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203987>.

— Darin