Re: [whatwg] VIDEO and pitchAdjustment

From: Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 11:21:14 +0200
To: Domenic Denicola <d@domenic.me>
Cc: WHAT Working Group <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>, Michael Enright <mike@kmcardiff.com>, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>, "robert@ocallahan.org" <robert@ocallahan.org>, Eric Carlson <eric.carlson@apple.com>
On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 9:48 PM, Domenic Denicola <d@domenic.me> wrote:
> From: Eric Carlson [mailto:eric.carlson@apple.com]
>
>>   FWIW, Safari supports negative playback rates on the desktop and on iOS.

>>   The crash Garrett noted in Safari 8 is a bug that “only" happens with MSE
>> content.
>
> That's really helpful, thanks. Combined with Edge's keyframes-only support, it sounds like we should probably leave the spec as it is.
>
> Do you have thoughts on a mozPreservesPitch equivalent?

Should we just standardize HTMLMediaElement.preservesPitch, perhaps?
Note that WebKit also has webkitPreservesPitch, but I removed it from
Blink because it didn't actually do anything in Chromium.

In both Gecko and WebKit it defaults to true. Is there anything else
worth knowing before writing the spec for this?

Philip