Re: [whatwg] Proposal: Two changes to iframe@sandbox

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 7:24 PM, Ian Melven <ian.melven@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) At one point i think showModalDialog was specified to be blocked unless
> allow-popups was set. (I can't find this in the current editor's draft of
> the spec).
> It seems to me that it would make sense to follow #1 in your proposal
> (blocking alert and friends) UNLESS allow-popups is specified perhaps ?
> Unless the advertising use case is such that they would want to specify
> allow-popups in most common cases, which negates any benefit of this
> restriction in practice

My understanding of the use case is that they want `allow-popups` in order
to allow navigation to a landing page via `target="_blank"`, et al. They
don't want modal dialogs from that same window. Tying both behaviors to
`allow-popups` wouldn't solve their problem.

> 2) this also sounds like allow-popups would be needed (since you shouldn't
> be allowed to open new auxiliary browsing context without it)

Correct. Both `allow-popups` and the new flag would need to be specified.

> and maybe is more consistent using 'allow-popups-unsandboxed' ?

Or `allow-unsandboxed-popups`. I don't really care how we spell it. :)

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, @mikewest

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München,
Germany, Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Hamburg, Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth
Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)