Re: [whatwg] Case-sensitivity of CSS type selectors in HTML

From: Roger Hågensen <rh_whatwg@skuldwyrm.no>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 14:13:11 +0200
To: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
On 2015-05-07 13:16, Rune Lillesveen wrote:
> Currently, the HTML spec says that type selectors matches case
> sensitively for non-html elements like svg elements in html documents
>
> This adds an implementation complexity to type selector matching.
> What's the rationale for matching the selector case-sensitively in the
> svg case?

Isn't SVG based on XML? Which means SVG is probably case sensitive!

I found some info here, not sure if that'll help clarify anything.
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/styling.html#CaseSensitivity

PS!
This is why I always make it a rule to type lowercase for anything that
will possibly be machine read (file names, properties/attributes), it
also compresses better (lower case letters are more frequent).

--
Roger Hågensen, Freelancer, http://skuldwyrm.no/