[whatwg] Storage Standard

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 14:11:34 +0200
To: WHATWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>
Cc: Ali Alabbas <alia@microsoft.com>, Joshua Bell <jsbell@google.com>, Ben Kelly <bkelly@mozilla.com>, Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Based on the discussion on this list and on:

  https://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Storage
  https://github.com/slightlyoff/StorageDurability

Here's a first draft:

  https://storage.spec.whatwg.org/
  https://github.com/whatwg/storage
  https://twitter.com/storagestandard

It does not address multiple boxes for now. I hope we can continue
discussing those in parallel, perhaps in the GitHub repository, as
they are important to the gaming industry. Boxes can really help in
the case where the site is trying to do the right thing and wants to
avoid prompting the user, and also would allow introducing new global
strategies such as an actual API-exposed cache (service workers' Cache
API is all-or-nothing like any other API), or boxes with a max-age.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/