Re: [whatwg] Modify the Page Visibility spec to let UA's take into account whether iframes are visible on the screen

Roger Hågensen <rh_whatwg@skuldwyrm.no> writes:

> I often open multiple tabs, and then I go through them one by one later.
> If I end up opening 3-4 videos at the same time I have to stop the other
> 3 so I do not get a cacophony of 4 videos at once.

This is something that can be fixed by the UA: For Mozilla browsers, you
can go to about:config and set media.autoplay.enabled to “false”. Also,
the NoScript browser extension can make media click-to-play by default.

--
Nils Dagsson Moskopp // erlehmann
<http://dieweltistgarnichtso.net>