Re: [whatwg] HTML6 single-page apps without Javascript proposal now on Github

> On Mar 24, 2015, at 4:15 PM, Andrea Rendine <master.skywalker.88@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I don't want to openly oppose to this project, as I'm anyway curious about
> how it will be developed. It's only that I have seen a lot of elements used
> outside their proper dynamics.
> I don't see HTML as a templating language, but it's probably because I'm
> tied to current use cases, so I don't see any further.
> Anyway, yes, I write my pages so that their content is to remain when
> served to client. Of course I would add more to the preexisting content,
> given the circumstances, but not to change what's already there.
> Besides, I invite you to consider, throughout the development process, a
> possible role for <template> element. Instead of creating something
> completely new, some features could be added to make it more complex and
> more complete. It is now a container for markup that can be reused by
> script to show content. Why not making it able to load its own content,
> then?

In the proposal I already do list using <TEMPLATE> elements to instantiate model objects.  This would make it the equivalent to blocks in traditional template languages.

See:  https://github.com/mozumder/html6#further-uses

Is that OK?  Any other options?

-bobby
---