Re: [whatwg] Persistent and temporary storage

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Janusz Majnert <j.majnert@samsung.com> wrote:
> The real question is why having a quota is useful?

The reason developers want it is to know how much they can download
and store without getting an exception.

> Native apps are not
> controlled when it comes to storing data and nobody complains.

Is there any documentation on how they handle the above scenario? Just
write to disk until you hit failure?

> I think proper solution would be not to restrict the available space, but
> provide GUI for users to:
> * see how much space an app uses (if it exceeds some preset amount)
> * inspect the files in platform's file explorer

Agreed that we need much more solid UI for users to control sites. I
would expect the granularity to be more along the lines of "delete
all" initially, though.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/