Re: [whatwg] Standardizing autocapitalize

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 5:54 PM, Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Mar 2015, at 22:44, Jonas Sicking wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 3:05 PM, Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr>
>> wrote:

>> > "off" is defined. The "Non-conforming" note means that the attribute
>> > reflection will behave like this:
>> > ```js
>> > input.autocapitalize = 'off';
>> > input.autocapitalize === 'none'; // true
>> > ```
>>
>> Right. My point is that this is unnecessarily confusing. Just like
>>
>> input.autocapitalize = 'on';
>> input.autocapitalize === 'sentences'; // true
>>
>> is unnecessarily confusing.
>
> How is that different from
> ```js
> input.type = 'foo';
> input.type === 'text'; // true
> ```
> Unless we expect that doing |input.autocapitalize = 'on'| is common use
> case. Which I think isn't.

My point is that if 'on' and 'off' are commonly used on the web,
either in markup or in JS, then they are likely to stay so and we
should make sure that they work well. I.e. that they behave logically
and are well documented. That includes making them map properly to the
JS property, like most other attributes in HTML.

This is just my opinion though. I think mozilla would implement either way.

/ Jonas