[whatwg] MessageEvent and ports

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 14:05:49 +0100
To: WHATWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>
Can someone explain why the postMessage() design exposes transfered
ports both in .data and .ports?

If that's a legacy artifact, can we call that out somewhere?

(Asking around on IRC suggests it's an artifact that needs to be
preserved by new variations of the postMessage() design, as e.g. seen
in service workers. So the API remains somewhat consistent across
variations. We might want to stipulate that too somehow.)

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/