Re: [whatwg] A mask="" advisory flag for <link rel=icon>

To close the loop on this, we will change to <link rel="mask-icon" href="whatever.svg" color="#aabbcc">. We like the idea of determining the color from the SVG, but we won't be able to implement in time for this cycle, and having an explicit color override seems useful. So for now we'll implement explicit color and we'll consider automatic color picking based on the SVG as a fallback when the color is missing as a future extension.

Please let me know if anyone disagrees with this approach.

Regards,
Maciej