Re: [whatwg] Icon mask and theme color

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 4:37 AM, Nils Dagsson Moskopp
<nils@dieweltistgarnichtso.net> wrote:

[...]

> (5) Use the shape of the path in the SVG icon as a mask and retain the
> theme color meta value. Why isn't this done? One could have a properly
> colored icon for one purpose and use the outline of the same icon for
> the flat design staff.

Because colorful icons tend to be mostly squares with the color
defining the outline. GMail would want a stylized "M", not a white
rectangle. YouTube would probably want a play button, not a rounded
rectangle. Going through your bookmarks, I imagine you can come up
with other examples.

--
  Jasper