Re: [whatwg] Standards growth and complexity

Adding is often the only technically sensible solution. For example if the
default CSS box model was changed, a vast amount of existing content on the
web that relies on it working the way it already does would be broken. So
new models are added instead, like flexbox, which solves a great many
problems with the old model. If the existing solutions were instead
altered, you'd just be replaced by probably an even greater number of
people complaining how WHATWG keeps breaking the web.