Re: [whatwg] DOM Events Proposal: EventListenerOptions 'mayCancel' for improved scroll performance

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 21:14:34 +0200
To: Domenic Denicola <d@domenic.me>
Cc: "olli@pettay.fi" <olli@pettay.fi>, Rick Byers <rbyers@chromium.org>, Tim Dresser <tdresser@chromium.org>, WHATWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, Dave Tapuska <dtapuska@chromium.org>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 8:19 PM, Domenic Denicola <d@domenic.me> wrote:
> I'm not sure that actually matters though, since canceling inside setTimeout(,0) shouldn't have much affect besides changing `e.defaultPrevented`. So maybe it's OK.

It's fine. The code that dispatches an event and then checks the
event's canceled flag will run before a task queued by invoking
setTimeout() during dispatching runs. You can only change course if
you change the canceled flag during dispatch (which this new way of
listening would prevent).

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/