Re: [whatwg] <iframe async>

From: David Håsäther <hasather@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 17:27:15 +0100
To: WHATWG <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>
On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 4:37 PM, David Bruant <bruant.d@gmail.com> wrote:
> You said that you got feedback from someone asking for this.
> What is the behavior they currently implement?

Since I'm one of the people Anne talked to, I can expand a bit on what he said.

Right now, we insert iframes containing ads on DOMContentLoaded (but
this is not significant). We want these to have normal priority
(otherwise we could insert them on load), but we don't want want them
to delay load, mainly because *our* site is perceived as slow when the
progress bar is shown. I don't think it's too uncommon for people to
wait for the progress bar to disappear before they start interacting
with the page. I do that sometimes, e.g. to make sure I don't misclick
because an image loads and the page jumps.

The bfcache problem is another thing that would be really nice to solve, yes.

--
David Håsäther