Re: [whatwg] Unicode -> ASCII copy/paste fallback

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 4:40 AM, David Sheets <kosmo.zb@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you're reading documentation which includes types, it's nice to see
> implication arrows but copy valid syntax.

This is rather vague, but it sounds along the lines of using "→" for
pointer dereferencing in a C++ document, which sounds pretty strange and
unconventional.

There's so much rampant abuse of the user's clipboard (most notably people
inserting ads into the user's clipboard when he tries to copy text) that
whenever a feature allows a page to cause copies to grab text other than
what the user specified, we should be looking carefully at the use cases.

If you have nothing more useful to discuss beyond uninformed,
> opinionated naysaying, I'll be leaving this thread lie.

You should make an effort to remain civil when people don't immediately
agree with you.

--
Glenn Maynard