Re: [whatwg] Adding a property to navigator for getting device model

From: Nils Dagsson Moskopp <nils@dieweltistgarnichtso.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 22:13:03 +0200
To: Ashley Gullen <ashley@scirra.com>, Jussi Kalliokoski <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>
Cc: WHAT Working Group <whatwg@whatwg.org>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Ashley Gullen <ashley@scirra.com> writes:

> Am I right that a lot of the mentioned problems stem from old Android
> devices with browsers that have been shoddily hacked and broken by the
> manufacturers (presumably in the name of making "improvements")?

Key words “old devices” and “shoddily hacked”. The first lets me think
that new features could never solve old problems – after all, if the UAs
would be updated, one could just fix the bugs that existed. The second
lets me think that no one – including site authors – would implement
device detection and appropriate discrimination correctly.

--
Nils Dagsson Moskopp // erlehmann
<http://dieweltistgarnichtso.net>