Re: [whatwg] Notifications and service workers

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 4:35 AM, Andrew Wilson <atwilson@google.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry, I meant that you can only use the 'data' attribute, if the data
> you want to associate with the notification is structured-cloneable. Which
> precludes lots of interesting stuff, like objects with attached methods,
> memoized functions, etc.
>
> I'm aware that 'data' is structured-cloneable - I'm saying that's not
> sufficient for many uses.

But if the data that you want to associate with the notification isn't
structured clonable, how are you going to make that data survive a
page reload? Keep in mind that for persistent notifications, the
notification often outlives the page that created the notification.

It might help to have some concrete examples of what you're trying to do here.

/ Jonas