[whatwg] Two cases of resource hints "used" in RT API

From: <bizzbyster@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 18:06:10 -0400
To: public-web-perf <public-web-perf@w3.org>, WHATWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>
All,

I just wanted to make sure we have agreement on how Resource Timing API should report on preloaded resources that are “used” by the page. The issue was discussed and closed here: https://github.com/igrigorik/resource-hints/issues/19#issuecomment-54350393. In addition I’ve proposed a way that waterfall charts can visualize preload “hits”, meaning preloaded resources that are used by the browser.

https://github.com/bizzbyster/ResourceHintsDocs/blob/master/Preload_Used_Waterfall.adoc

Let me know if anyone has any comments,

Thanks,

Peter