Re: [whatwg] Web API for Health Sensors

From: delfin <delfin@segonquart.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 00:42:43 +0200
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>

Hi All:

Use and transmission of private/personal Health data, as other sensitive
personal data, is ruled by law and regional regulations in some -- or in
most of the -- developed countries.

Please, take this aspect in consideration.

 	* I would not recommend to read health data within a browser.
 	* JSON transferred data, as I understood, might be 'seen' by a
semi-experienced user with, for example, the web inspector's tools a
desktop browser has. Not exactly, but nearly.
 	* Not to mention more sophisticated public methods of to collect this
JSON/JSONP data.
 	* One might use an existent API or develop a new one for this purpose.
The data of an unknown user is viewable by third-parties.

An standard development should take this scenarios in consideration.

 	* Laws and regulations in countries/govs referring the use and
transfer of private/sensitive data.
 	* Open-sourceness and distribution via a "web" browser.

Best -
-- Delfin Ramirez

+34 633 589231

delfin@segonquart.net