Re: [whatwg] Modifying the URL inside beforeunload event

On 2014-11-15 03:07, cowwoc wrote:
> On 14/11/2014 8:56 PM, Roger Hågensen wrote:
>
> Did you also use a URL parameter to indicate which cookie the server
> should look in? I think my solution is problematic in that I have to
> go through GetTabId.html on page load (which looks ugly) and even
> worse I recently discovered that View Source does not work because the
> browser re-sends the request without the tabId parameter (which I
> stripped to make the URL shareable).

What I did was to use a "one shot cookie", a request was only ever made
by user interaction.
The server basically get a token cookie and a id cookie. the server the
responds and set the cookies for deletion. There is only ever one token
and one id cookie sent, re-using the cookie names are not an issue.

Now if each tab automatically makes requests then that is a different
issue and in that case using POST instead of GET is advised, in that
case you only ever have to send cookies from the server and not to the
server.

> Please describe your approach in more detail on
> http://stackoverflow.com/q/26556749/14731 so we can learn for each.

Don't have an account there, sorry.

Regards,
Roger.