Re: [whatwg] <script> content restrictions vis-a-vis HTML template data blocks

> Have you considered using the <template> element?

Thanks for the suggestion. Right now I'm just concerned with the mechanics
of script data blocks.

> These are all conforming; don't forget that the empty string is a string
> so "outer" matches the empty string.

Ah, ok, thanks, I didn't realize that. I interpreted "any string" to mean
any non-empty string. I suggest that it would be helpful to clarify that.

I think it'd be good to modify that note at the beginning of section
4.12.1.2 to make it clear that it's not generally necessary to escape "<!--"
in script data blocks containing HTML / XML -- so long as "<!--" occurs in
sequences matching the comments syntax (12.1.6). Mention <template> and / or
HTML Imports as well if you wish.

Thanks,
Jesse