Re: [whatwg] [url] Feedback from TPAC

On 11/04/2014 11:25 AM, Domenic Denicola wrote:
> From: whatwg [mailto:whatwg-bounces@lists.whatwg.org] On Behalf Of David Singer
>
>> (I don't have IE to hand at the moment).
>
> I tried to test IE but unfortunately it looks like the "URL components from DOM properties" part of the demo page does not work in IE, I think because IE doesn't support document.baseURI.

Try experimenting with a base URL using a http scheme.

If you look closely at the source, you will see that function rebase
will set both document.baseURI and the href element on the base element.
  The latter is sufficent for non-IE browsers.  I had to add the former
to get IE working.

But, as you undoubtedly have noted, unknown base schemes seem to cause
IE too ignore the base URL entirely.

- Sam Ruby