[whatwg] HTML has no definition / automated test suite

From: Stefan Reich <stefan.reich.maker.of.eye@googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 15:18:56 +0100
To: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
Hi WhatWG and friends!

I am currently making an AI to create HTML. In the process, I discovered a
logical problem: HTML is not clearly defined. Not as far as I know anyway.

A proper definition of HTML would include collections of sample HTML source
plus IMAGES of how they look rendered.

That, my AI could work with.

Also, I think this is very important to have - I vividly remember all those
years of fighting with browser inconsistencies and the very undefinedness I
am talking about that still exists. (More on my blog at tinybrain.de).

Q: Does such a test suite for HTML exist? If not, it is time to create that.

Alternatively, what one could create is a virtualized browser. My AI could
also learn from that, basically. But a virtualized browser is a complicated
piece of software, and there is no proper infrastructure for virtual
programs yet (another lack in IT today).

So I assume a test suite of sources + images will be easier to make right
now.

Let's define HTML properly!

Cheers from Hamburg,
Stefan