Re: [whatwg] list attribute for select elements

As I see it, list is perfectly fine the way it was designed but it could be
applied to select elements, thus enabling feeding options to a dropdown
externally, thus enabling a way to reuse options in dropdowns (without
redundant nodes).

I am building long immigration forms for USCIS and, for example, a very
common field is Country. It is asked several times even in the same page
(for the address of birth, address of residence, address of your relative,
etc...). Relative kind is another example.

So I think it makes sense to have a single <datalist> and then have

<select name="birth.country" list="countries"></select>
<select name="residence.country" list="countries"></select>