Re: [whatwg] WebGL and ImageBitmaps

From: K. Gadd <kg@luminance.org>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 02:15:07 -0700
To: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Cc: Justin Novosad <junov@google.com>, "whatwg@whatwg.org" <whatwg@whatwg.org>, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
I'd expect that the error might not accumulate for most color values.
Rounding would potentially kick in once you get the first loss of
precision. I've only historically seen color shifts upon repeated
rendering in scenarios where you're losing lots of precision, or
losing energy (bad RGB <-> HSV conversions, for example) - you don't
actually need a lot of precision to fix that as long as your
coefficients are right.