Re: [whatwg] Proposal: Event.creationTime

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 10:08 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 5/7/14, 6:43 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>
>> Is there a good reference somewhere for what the time would be relative
>> to?
>>

> https://w3c.github.io/web-performance/specs/HighResolutionTime2/Overview.
> html#sec-time-origin seems like the right thing.

This seems to make it impossible to get the time of an event in real time,
so you can compare it to external events or send it to shared workers.

Can you remind me why this shouldn't just use real time, eg. using the Unix
epoch as the time base?  It was some privacy concern, but I can't think of
any privacy argument for giving high-resolution event timestamps in units
that are this limited and awkward.

--
Glenn Maynard