Re: [whatwg] Promise-vending loaded() & ready() methods on various elements

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 22:25:50 -0400
To: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
On 3/14/14 8:31 PM, Kyle Simpson wrote:
> As I noted above, what we need to know (and I guess we need to know this from all browsers) if there's a *guarantee* of a->b->c execution order (even if all 3 are executing async)

I don't believe there is such a guarantee, unless the spec spells it out
explicitly.

For async scripts, Gecko, does the initial script parse+compile on a
random background thread from a threadpool, and if there is not an
explicit dependency between the scripts (which I _think_ is only there
for parser-inserted scripts) then the script will simply run whenever
that script's background parse thread finishes.

-Boris