Re: [whatwg] Promise-vending loaded() & ready() methods on various elements

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 09:15:42 -0400
To: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
On 3/12/14 7:23 AM, Jake Archibald wrote:
> == img/link/script/document/iframe .loaded() ==
>
> If the element hasn't loaded or is loading, vend a promise that
> resolves/rejects on its load/error event.
> If the element has fired load/error and isn't loading due to a source
> change, vend a resolved/rejected promise.

This seems fundamentally racy, no?  In particular, the fact that a new
load can start (and maybe finish?) between the loaded() call and the
time when the promise notifies its consumers is a bit worrying.

I agree that we need something better than the current easy-to-miss load
event setup here, though....

-Boris