Re: [whatwg] Proposal: Wake Lock API

Should the lock automatically be released if the user switches to a
different tab or somehow makes the content unviewable? Should the web
content know about this, or should it just silently think the lock is still
being held? This might affect the timeout situation. It would be strange to
be unable to lock or suspend due to some random map embedded in a Yelp page
somewhere taking a lock.

What about for cases like laptops where the user can force a suspend, like
closing the lid? If the system is configured to lock or suspend the
machine, should this prevent it? Are there any tasks like instant messaging
where users might want to have it inhibit suspend, and the user can still
be notified of it because the system might make a sound? Should the web
content be aware of this as well?

I'm at least happy that the web doesn't have the "burning a CD" task that
we had to deal with with our desktop. :) That was a messy set of edge cases
to deal with.

--
  Jasper