Re: [whatwg] Canvas-Only Document Type

"Brian M. Blakely" <anewpage.media@gmail.com> writes:

> The use cases involved are mostly intended for 60fps high-load
> graphics, so the kind of a11y conditions served by the DOM (screen
> readers) aren't as helpful in these apps. I don't think the DOM makes
> videogames more accessible. The Web Platform doesn't serve that case
> well; it isn't something this is trying to solve.

I think no one should ever optimize for inaccessible web content.

In case you think otherwise: Would you elaborate why your wish to
display “60fps high-load graphics” on the web outweighs the needs of
people with old or non widely used hardware or software, people with
disabilities, software that has no optical sensory input (e.g. web
spiders) and all those of us users who want to zoom or select text?

Consider the following: If web content is not accessible by default,
only a privileged class of users will be able to see and use it. We had
that scenario already when “web” developers used Flash for everything.

--
Nils Dagsson Moskopp // erlehmann
<http://dieweltistgarnichtso.net>