Re: [whatwg] Effect on window.opener when navigating an existing window using window.open

From: Bob Owen <bobowencode@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 13:43:55 +0100
To: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com>
Cc: whatwg@whatwg.org
On 2 July 2014 03:18, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com> wrote:

> Could you point me to a specific test case that demonstrates the
difference?

Sure, here you go:
https://people.mozilla.org/~bowen/openerTest/openerTest.html

In IE you get "firstOpener" alerted both times, which is as spec.

In Firefox and Chrome "secondOpener" is alerted the second time.

I'm almost embarrassed to say that I don't have Safari to test against, but
I believe it's the same as Firefox and Chrome.

I've got a fix for Gecko, but we're concerned that there might be some
compat issues and I haven't had time to look into it.

If I remember correctly the fix for WebKit was pretty straight forward, so
if you would be able to take on the compat testing that would be fantastic.

Cheers,
Bob