Re: [whatwg] Simplified <picture> element draft

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 12:00:51 +0100
To: whatwg@whatwg.org, "Shawn Jansepar" <shawnjan@gmail.com>
On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 07:57:45 +0100, Shawn Jansepar <shawnjan@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I spent a bit of time writing a polyfill for the <picture> element
> proposal
> that has been discussed in this thread. Feel free to check it out here:
> https://github.com/jansepar/picturefill. I was surprised to see one
> hadn't
> been created yet so I decided to give it a go.
>
> Any feedback is much appreciated!

It looks like your implementation doesn't follow the specification. For
instance, your implementation sorts the candidates while the specification
uses markup order.

Personally, I would like to see an implementation that implements the spec
literally in order to better assess whether the specification is good or
not. I'm not saying that you have any obligation to do that, though; maybe
you have different goals. :-)

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software