Re: [whatwg] Simplified <picture> element draft

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 23:54:35 +0000
To: bzbarsky@mit.edu, whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
On Sat Jan 04 2014 at 1:19:14 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 1/4/14 3:16 PM, Yoav Weiss wrote:
> > Thanks for the review. I'd like to better understand what would be
> required
> > to implement off-the-main-thread MQ evaluation in Blink. Since it's a
> Blink
> > specific discussion, I'll start a Blink-dev thread on the subject.
>
> Note that Gecko has similar constraints here as far as I know, at the
> moment.

If necessary for simplification, we could always relax the requirement that
certain MQs be evaluatable on the preload scanner thread, and allow
preloaders to bail on *any* MQs.  That would still allow the basic
use-cases to work nicely with the preloader, while allowing implementations
to gradually optimize over time.

~TJ