Re: [whatwg] hit regions: limited set of elements for fallback content

From: Nils Dagsson Moskopp <nils@dieweltistgarnichtso.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 15:56:08 +0100
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, whatwg <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>
Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com> writes:

> Nils Dagsson Moskopp wrote:
>
>> But still, people (with the exception of Paul Graham) stopped using <table> for layouts
>
> if only that were true, take a look at https://www.google.co.uk or grep the
> html data available from http://webdevdata.org

Thanks for pointing out that my assumption was unfounded. I am
downloading one of the data sets right now.

>>Also, Faulkner wanting "an example of canvas to make accessible" ... seems
> like circular reasoning to me to use that as an example why >we need an
> accessible canvas.
>
> ?

1. A wants to demonstrate how technology X can do Y.
2. B: „because A wants to demonstrate how X does Y, we need X to do Y“.

reduces to:

3. “X should do Y because someone wants to show how X can do Y.”

Am I misunderstanding the argument by a large margin?

?Btw, I have actually read some of your posts regarding <canvas>
accessability and am aware you list quite a lot of arguments.)

--
Nils Dagsson Moskopp // erlehmann
<http://dieweltistgarnichtso.net>