Re: [whatwg] Proposal: requestBackgroundProcessing()

From: Ashley Gullen <ashley@scirra.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 21:29:47 +0000
To: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Cc: "whatwg@whatwg.org" <whatwg@whatwg.org>, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>, James Robinson <jamesr@google.com>
There's a lot of worker features that aren't widely supported yet, like
rendering to canvas with WebGL and 2D, Web Audio support, inputs, various
APIs like speech and fullscreen, so I don't think that's practical right
now. I guess that's not a reason to standardise a new feature, but is there
not at least a workaround for the mean time? Are workers able to wake the
UI with postMessage()?