Re: [whatwg] <input type=number> for year input

On 19/02/2014 01:24, Karl Dubost wrote:
> I wonder if it would not be more flexible to have a `format` attribute.
>
>      <input type="number" format="%Y"/>
> (or any other formatting syntax)

I'm not sure a formatting attribute is desirable, at least not if it leads to
content authors making decisions that are inappropriate for a given locale. A
boolean attribute to say that the grouping separator is not appropriate might be
useful though, given the other comments on this thread regarding other number
types where such separators would be undesirable, and may not be so subject to
misuse. It's not clear that in all these cases (or even in the case of years)
that the grouping separator is undesirable for all locales though.