Re: [whatwg] Memory management problem of video elements

于 2014年08月20日 19:26, Philip Jägenstedt 写道:
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 12:04 PM, duanyao <duanyao@ustc.edu> wrote:
>> 于 2014年08月20日 15:52, Philip Jägenstedt 写道:

>>> There's also a trick called audio sprites where you put all sound
>>> effects into a single file with some silence in between and then seek
>>> to the appropriate offset.
>> I think if UA can get and set currentTime property accurately, it should be
>> able to recreate the pipeline
>> with the same accuracy. What are the main factors limiting the accuracy?
> I don't know, but would guess that not all media frameworks can seek
> to an exact audio sample but only to the beginning of a video frame or
> an audio frame, in which case currentTime would be slightly off. One
> could just lie about currentTime until playback continues, though.
Such limitation also affects seeking, not only memory-saving feature,
and the spec allows "quality-of-implementation issue", so I think this
is acceptable.
Additionally, a media in memory-saving state must be paused, I think
users won't care about the small error of resuming position.