Re: [whatwg] Clipping text in in canvas

From: Justin Novosad <junov@google.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 11:25:45 -0400
To: "Jasper St. Pierre" <jstpierre@mecheye.net>
Cc: WHAT Working Group <whatwg@whatwg.org>
On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Jasper St. Pierre
<jstpierre@mecheye.net>wrote:

> But no browsers I tested actually implement the "clipping region" part.

That is weird because all the browsers I tested do implement it.  Perhaps
something is unclear? What do *you* think that part of the spec means?
As far as I am concerned, the fact that the term "clipping region" is a
hyperlink to the definition of the 2d canvas clip() method makes it clear
enough to me.  But maybe my reading is biased because I am already familiar
with the feature. Please let us know if you think any of it is ambiguous or
confusing.  Did you think this had something to do with CSS clipping?

   -Justin