Re: [whatwg] Why are we merging Document and HTMLDocument again?

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 09:53:42 +0100
To: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Cc: whatwg <whatwg@whatwg.org>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, Erik Arvidsson <arv@chromium.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com>
On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 8:42 AM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:
> * XHR response (uses interface "Document" and is an "XML document", even for
> text/html if I read the spec correctly)

I assumed :/ that HTML would do the marking. Let's consider this a bug.

It's not entirely clear to me what the suggestion from Ryosuke is. Is
it to keep getters on HTMLDocument only and expose HTMLDocument only
in browsing contexts created from text/html resources? And use
Document everywhere else and have Document contain all the other
members including (former) SVGDocument members? That setup would make
sense to me anyway.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/