Re: [whatwg] URL resolution of fragment urls in html5 webapps

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 12:28:08 -0400
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: WHATWG <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>
>> Last I checked, WebKit doesn't do it for hyperlinks, but does do it ad-hoc
>> for CSS url() stuff and a few other things, depending on how it's used.
>
> Is this for SVG thingies referenced from CSS?

Or from SVG presentation attributes.  Fill, filters, masks, etc, etc, etc.

But again, it's not clear that anything needs to be done here.  If
something _does_ need to be done, then it needs to be done at a low
level (e.g. url() needs to store the original string, not just the
resolved url as it does now per CSS specs).

-Boris