Re: [whatwg] High-density canvases

From: Kornel Lesiński <kornel@geekhood.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 00:02:21 +0100
To: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 21:22:51 +0100, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com> wrote:

> I think there are two separate things a developer might want:
>
> - the number of actual pixels that correspond to 1 CSS px without zoom
> - the page zoom
>
> If you merge the two, then an unsuspecting developer might think that
> the user has zoomed in by 2x on an iPhone, and decide to make things
> smaller.

Do you have an example of a page that does make things smaller to counter
the zoom? Are you referring to some iPhone-specific workarounds (like
position:fixed elements being problematic for zoom?)

I assumed that sites which don't like being zoomed in would just block it
via <meta viewport>.

--
regards, Kornel