Re: [whatwg] Zip archives as first-class citizens

On 29/08/2013, at 9:13 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> * Resources that can contain subresources (HTML, CSS, JavaScript,
> workers, ...) would need to have an outer and inner location. If you
> have e.g. <a href="#test"> updating the address bar to
> #path=test.html&id=test is somewhat magic. For <a href="other.html">
> it'd be pretty magic too.

*sigh* good point.

> *  For origin comparison you'd have to look at the outer location.

I kinda wonder if it should; if ZIP is really being used as a packaging format, the idea is to make it portable, right? So a ZIP should run just as well from the local filesystem (file://) as it should from the original Web site, or one it's copied to, or if it's just relocated to a different place. CORS should be set up properly, assumptions shouldn't be made about its context, etc.

Just my .02, YMMV.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/