Re: [whatwg] Reorganizing and fixing "origin"

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 17:19:01 +0000
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: WHATWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 9:34 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> What exactly is it you want moved, from where to where? Just the "origin
> of a URL"? I'm guessing Adam would be interested in revving the Origin
> spec to be more accurate if there's a problem with it; that would be my
> preference if at all possible.
>
> See also Adam's response to the message you cite above:
>    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/websec/current/msg01520.html

Adam, are you planning on updating that RFC? Issues as I see it:

* HTTP Origin header ABNF is faulty
* Origin for URLs references obsoleted specifications

(If the RFC is not being updated my alternative plan is that
http://fetch.spec.whatwg.org/ continues to define the HTTP Origin
header. http://url.spec.whatwg.org/ could take over the definition for
getting an origin out of a URL and serializing an origin. And finally
HTML would define the origin concept once again.)

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/