Re: [whatwg] Forms: <input type=file> and directory tree picking

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 17:48:21 -0700
To: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Cc: WHAT Working Group <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>, Jonathan Watt <jwatt@jwatt.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
On Oct 2, 2013 3:47 PM, "Glenn Maynard" <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
>>
>> Though of course you or anyone else is free to propose changes to the
>> spec to improve that situation.
>

> That's what we're doing: suggesting that we expose an API to navigate the
tree.  (I'm not proposing actual APIs for this here, since lots of people
have done that already in the filesystem API threads, but I hope we can
agree that it would be a much better solution.)

Proposals for filesystem is just part of what we need. We also need a way
to expose it through HtMLInputElement. And a way to allow not exposing the
files through .files.

Actually, a filesystem might not even be needed. We could just expose an
asynchronous iterator.

Again, and with extra oomph,  proposals welcome.

/ Jonas